Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Me: My own cover artist

I thought long and hard about whether I should design my own cover or hire a professional. It was nerve wracking. One day I wanted to do it, the next, I chickened out. My husband encouraged me to do it myself, especially since I have some digital design experience. My friend, Larissa, also thought I could do it myself.
So what did I do, I took the plunge. I designed a few covers  (about 5) and both hubby and Larissa loved the very first one I designed in 5 minutes using Photoshop Elements.

The more I look at it, the deeper I'm falling for it too. It's simple but it does the job of making one wonder what the story is about. Exactly what I wanted.
I'm still busy with the finishing touches, then I'll post it on up here to see what you think. Probably next week.
Everything is progressing very well. Last night I wrote the blurb (at least the skeleton). The novel will be published in January.

7 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing what you came up with!! A cover is really important--and like you said, the goal is to make one curious about the story. So if it does that, you're set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're enjoying the project - hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exciting news, Liz! Congratulations for being so creative. I can't wait to see that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Carol, thanks for dropping by. I appreciate it. I just posted the cover and I hope it meets the criteria.

    @Lindsey, thanks for coming by. I can't wait to hear what you think.

    @Mac, lol. I agree, that's why I posted the cover earlier than planned. Thanks for visiting.

    @Patsy, Oh, I really am enjoying it very much. I hope so too. Keep fingers crossed for me.

    @Mysti, thanks dear for dropping by. You're always very welcome.

    @Julia, Thanks so much dear, Julia. I look forward to knowing what you think.

    ReplyDelete