Friday, May 13, 2011

Early Bird--Day 4 update

It's day four since I decided to become an early bird. Surely I passed the test. I'm definitely still in the game. I plan to be waking up earlier only Mondays to Fridays.

I'll use weekends to catch up on sleep or else I'll end being a zombie. Sort of like a little reward.

Tomorrow I'll try to squeeze in a few extra hours of shut eye. I say try, because it usually happens that on days that I'm actually allowed to sleep longer, that's when my eyes force themselves open early in the morning and it's hard to get back to sleep.

When I have to get up early for work or anything else that requires me getting up early, that's when sleep is simply irresistible. I think it's like that for some people.

That's why I have a backup plan. If I happen to wake up early, I'll read a nice novel. I might start The Beach House by Jane Green. I read it already, but I love it, so why not again?

I'm also a digital scrapbooker, so I might cook up some designs. The point is to do something that's different and inspiring.
I'll do my editing at night on Saturday and Sunday. Monday, I turn into an early bird again.

What do you think of my plan?

Liz

4 comments:

  1. I think that's an awesome plan, as as you did so well this first week, I'll let you sleep in. I take the weekends off from writing as well, although usually I find myself at the computer on Sunday nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plan sounds wonderful and balanced.
    Ah, I love weekends and being able to catch up on sleep. Waking up early on the weekends will be more likely to happen when waking up early becomes a real habit. That's what I've found at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    Thanks for following my blog. Early morning IS my time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, I think so too. Thanks for checking up on me. It's very motivating.

    Jenna, thanks for visiting Novel Moments. I really appreciate it.

    Linda, You're very welcome.I look forward to keeping in touch.

    ReplyDelete