Teresa Ashby has been a follower of my blog since the beginning and awarded me the Sweet Blogger Award. Now I have two of them, which just makes it sweeter.
But sweet as it is, unfortunately, I can't keep it to myself. I have to pass it on.
But before I do, I have to tell you 7 things about myself you don't already know. Since I started this blog in 2010, I revealed so many things about myself already that I can't quite think of much more.
But I do have to come up with something for this award, don't I? Right, let's see:
1. My parents are divorced. I would have been glad if they were together but I love my stepmother and my step siblings too much to want to give them up.
2. I attended boarding for the first two years of high school. Worst time of my life. I was a total outsider and most of my friends were boys. The girls were just too mean.
3. I just started wearing glasses after hubby forced me to go to an optician to have my eyes checked out, so I can stop squinting when watching TV or gazing into the distance. I have the glasses but the squinting continues because I keep losing them.
4. I love flying. No, I really LOVE flying. Especially when the plane takes off or lands. But then again, I love all kinds of thrill rides.
5. I started writing my first long novel (300 pages) by hand at 2 a.m. in 2001. I completed it within a month. The manuscript is in a box somewhere. I should look for it. If only I knew where to start.
6. Tangi's Teardrops started off as a 45 page children's book. When I started editing late last year, my imagination took over. I just had so much more to tell.
7. The last movie I watched before writing this post is The Vow.It was such a bittersweet romantic movie, based on a true story. I loved it.
Here are the nominees:
Marita Fowler is the author of Fat Assassins
Julia Hones from My Writing Life
Lindsey R. Loucks Jesse Said Yes
Patsy Collins from Patsy Collins
Jess from BooksandSensibility
J.L. Campbell from The Character Depot
Brianne from Memories Overtaking Me
Julia Hones. Thanks for thinking of me, Julia. She awarded me the The "Smart Cookie" award. Fortunately this time I'm not expected to share something about myself. Instead here are the rules:
1) Thank the award giver and add a link to their blog.
2) Share some interesting facts on anything.
3) Pass the award to other "Smart Cookies".
Here are a few facts I found to be rather interesting:
1. The thumb is the same size as the nose. (I just measured and it could be true)
2. Apples are part of the rose family. (bet you didn't know that).
3. Goats have no upper front teeth.
4. A baby kangaroo is called a joey. (So cute. Now I'm in the mood to go and watch friends)
5. Oysters can change their gender. (No I didn't make this up)
6. Apparently, dolphins sleep with one eye open
I'll stop here but I'll leave you with a link to some pretty cool facts about Lincoln and Kennedy (you might have stumbled upon them): http://www.carolsvault.com/spooky-facts-abraham-lincoln-vs-john-f-kennedy/
Here are the nominees:
Larissa from A Three Way Tie
Carol Riggs from Artzicarol Ramblings
Lauren F. Boyd from My Path To Publication
Silvy from Books are my life
Misty from Unwritten
Bel from The Itsy Bitsy Monkey
Zella Kate from Zella Kate